Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pilgrim's First Phase Report!

Ok, it's not really a phase, but I am so thankful to see him on the report this week.  Phase 0 includes: Walks on campus and playtime in an enclosed grass paddock, doubling kennelmates that play well together, daily grooming, medication administration, as needed, human and dog interactive play or cuddle sessions, introduction to community run playtime, kennel enrichment activities.  Sounds rough, doesn't it?

It has been weird not having a guide dog pup right now.  It is insanely quiet; well, as quiet as life gets with 2 teenagers, a preteen boy and a toddler at Christmastime.  The pet dogs seem to enjoy the extra attention they are getting, and it has been nice to be able to use food rewards on our group walks to reward any good behavior I see fit, and not just recalls...  Rudy, in particular, likes to be back to being my buddy.  He has not climbed in my lap so frequently since we were actively doing agility.  Guess he really does like to be "my" dog, or maybe it's that I am more "his" person.  I can't wait to see what happens in the agility ring next month!


No comments: