Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pilgrim

The last week with Pilgrim flew by!  I did not get to do any fun outings with him, but we did enjoy a few long and blustery walks.  On Saturday afternoon, my puppy raising group met for some photos with Santa.  I forgot to get one of the group, but here is the one of Pilgrim.
Pilgrim was the first of the group to go.  Santa was so pleased to have him come visit, and after greeting him, I asked if he'd like Pilgrim to sit on his stool by his feet, or next to him.  He said that he wanted to hold him!  After an extremely awkward upside-down hold, we turned Pilgrim over for the picture.  Pilgrim was right at home there!  Santa even asked for a copy to be made for him.  It was a fun outing with a great photo memory.

Right after the outing, we met the raiser that was driving Pilgrim, Placer, and George back to campus for formal training.  I cried before he left, and after I got home, but managed to keep things upbeat as I loaded him into the van on top of plush dog beds.  Pilgrim seemed satisfied by the accomodations, and was so pre-occupied by the bed smells that he did not even give me a good bye kiss. 

Due to some issues with the puppies at Guide Dogs for the Blind, we are not able to get a puppy until January...  it is very disappointing, but probably better in the long run as our big Lab sittee is coming for 3 week over Christmas/ New Years.

Good luck in your next venture, Pilgrim.  You are missed, but we are so excited for your future.

No comments: