Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Getting real...

I have yet to make this writing thing a regular therapy for myself, although what I do write leads to me thinking about the answers to some of the things I am going through.  I am not sure why I am lead to share publicly that which probably belongs in a journal, but maybe someone has a kindred story...  I guess i just feel led to do it this way.  Life has seasons, some that are incredible, some that just kind of stink.  With faith and perspective, one can always count on things to return to that happy median.

I have set some short-term goals to jump-start the care and keeping of myself.  These include:
  • Running 4-5 days a week, with a goal of a half-marathon by June 2013.  The more I thought about what my personal goals should be, the more I realized how necessary this one was.  It makes a HUGE difference in my life.  I feel better, look better ;), drink more water, less coffee, have more patience, and sleep better.  I have figured out how to fit it into my day between the toddler and homeschooling the 5th grader.  Yahooo!!
  • Get back to regular church attendance (need I really explain this one?)
  • Read more books (currently have Highly Sensitive Child, Unglued, Not Just a Fan on my list, but I need a good dog read.  Let me know if you have a suggested doggie read!
  • Blog! Maybe even let someone know I am doing it.. :)
  • Finish Rudy's agility career.  As a GSD, age 7, his time for running and jumping are becoming short.  Speed has always been our weak point, but we'll never know if he can become an Excellent agility titled dog until we give it a try.
That's where it's at for now.  It may change with the New Year, to a degree.  Have you begun to think of your goals for 2013?

No comments: