Monday, September 16, 2013

It's been a crazy month!

A month has passed by... such busy days with back-to-school, birthdays, and a sick dog.

I decided (sub-consciously) to sprain my ankle coming down the stairs in August which seriously slowed down my ability to move into over-drive for this past month; really could've used that gear to stay on top of things.  For the first time, I finally tried to take the dogs & an overly-energetic 2-yr-old on a walk yesterday.  The ankle kills today.  <sigh>

In late August, young Prince came to stay with us for 8 days.  Prince is Esme's half brother (another Shawn puppy).  He was so good, and had a great time playing with Esme.  I was quite thankful to have him stay with us after spraining my ankle, since I could not walk Esme to wear her out.  The old saying about tired puppies being good puppies is so true.
Prince making a run for it with Esme hot on his heels.
Prince watching Disney Jr on the Ipad.  Seriously.

FUN trip to California to take my oldest daughter to her college.  We were able to get in a fantastic day at Huntington Beach before the great orientation weekend began.  L'il M loved the sand and waves.  She played happily for hours.  When the cool ocean water began to make her chilled, she went and rolled in the hot sand.  The child has no issue with being filthy, let me tell you.  :)  Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera to capture the moment.

Looking cool in California

The college orientation was first rate all the way.  Excellent food, and a fine mix of family activities with the necessary orientation information.  Here is a picture at the carnival evening complete with In & Out burgers.
Gotta love the Green Screen- this is 9pm after a hot & humid day!  Someone looks tired...
After returning home, school for the other kiddos was well under way, as well as hockey, and very quickly arriving birthdays.  My little Levi is still hanging in there; the prednisone makes a huge difference.  Saturday was a rough day for him.  I thought we had reached the last days.  It was very sad.  However, he has rebounded again, so we will just call it a bad day.  My optimism for beating the odds has been checked as I feel lumps all over his body now, and his lymph node has become enlarged.  I know the cancer is raging through his body.  He whimpers when I pick him up, as well as when he is bumped into by a less than careful black labby...  So, we try to get frequent car rides, and very careful petting in the areas less tender.  It's so hard, and I know the days are measured now.  He will be 10 on Oct 18.  I hope he can make it to that day, but I honestly think that might be a stretch.
Love you, Levi

No comments: