Monday, August 12, 2013

Really bad news

I called my vet to check on biopsy reports on Levi's tumors.  I was, honestly, not expecting such horrible news.  The lab determined that Levi has a very aggressive form of Lymphoma under the dermis (I always thought lymphoma was only in the lymphs).  The lab said it has likely spread to other tissues (which it already has-vet removed another small lump about 2" over from the biggie).  Vet kind of implied that we are talking months.  Skin biopsy was not back yet, so that may add another whole element to this.  My poor boy.

As saddened as I am over this, I found out today that a most honorable, Christian man from my church had passed away this morning from a heart attack.  He was a high-school football coach, married, and has 3 boys.  He was coaching at the time.  He was only 39.  Life is precious.  We cannot take one day for granted.

Today has been a bit of a bummer.

"This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Thank you for ten adventure-filled years.  Thank you that I know to love on Levi a bit more than normal.  Thank you for helping me hold my family a little closer tonight.

No comments: