Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 bags in 40 days


The winter months at home have brought me to detest "stuff" in my house.  It just makes one extra, time-consuming step to clean the house.  I do not mind "cleaning", but I do not care for decluttering and putting away of "stuff".  While the 40 bags in 40 days challenge is found in a general form on many home organization/decluttering websites, it is not always tied to Lent.  The funny part is that it makes sense! 

40 bags in 40 days entails throwing away or donating 40 bags of things (any size, from grocery to black garbage) over Lent.  Since Lent is a tradition of giving up something of value prior to the Easter holiday, it works to tie in beautifully.  I am not catholic, and I don't usually observe lent.  I AM a sentimental person raised by a Depression era mom.  So, I tend to keep and save.  But, in trusting God for the provision of the things truly needed, I should be able to say goodbye to my worn-out high school clothes (is that ridiculous or what?) and the things that I have never used or maybe liked.  

Would you like to join me?

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

The winter months at home have brought me to detest "stuff" in my house. It just makes one extra, time-consuming step to clean the house. click for more info