Saturday, January 19, 2013

Our new arrival...

We got a sweet delivery via air cargo yesterday.  Guide Dogs for the Blind puppy #9!  Her name is Esme, which is apparently a character from Twilight.  At first, I thought the name was just weird, but now, even despite her disappointing namesake,  the name Esme is growing on me. Esme is 9-weeks today, and is out of Shawn and Darice.  She has the super long labby ears that I love, and oh, the puppy breath!!!  Our family is totally in love with her already.  Esme slept 8-hours last night in the crate without a peep.  She probably would have slept longer, but since I got up to see if she was awake, I thought I should take her out anyway. 
Esme modeling a small GDB vest.  She is not thrilled by our frigid temps in this pic!

A face you can't resist! 


Esme also has "a story" already...  It was a switched a birth moment; only it was yesterday, not at birth.  A lesson in not taking life lessons learned by your kids for granted, the importance of effective communication, and plain old double-checking the important facts!  Alls well that ends well, and we have never laughed more over the arrival of a guide dog puppy!

1 comment:

Mandy and Supreme said...

my career change, Saxon, is a Darice puppy. He is the dorkiest, sweetest, most hilarious dog in the world and we adore his quirks! Enjoy your little Esme! (PS, if it helps, I've heard the name before - and I've never read twilight.)